Vision: Children have a right to learn in a safe, challenging, and nurturing environment. In collaboration with teachers, students, families and community, each child realizes his/her potential through high expectation. We recognize our diversity as strength and as an asset. It is our belief that success inspires success; therefore, each student’s learning is everyone’s responsibility and each student’s success is everyone’s success.
- Through collaboration, the home, the school, and the community will work to ensure that each child realizes his / her potential through high expectations for all learners.
- We are a community of diverse learners with unique strengths and needs.
- All children have a right to literacy through a guaranteed, viable curriculum and all staff have a responsibility to help children realize that right.
- Children have a right to learn in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Applying early intervention based on an identified need.
- Through differentiation, individual needs can be met.
- Early childhood education including preschool and full day kindergarten holds tremendous power.
- Continuous staff development supports our professional learning community.
Positive Behavior Support plays a vital role in maintaining a culture of learning.
College and career readiness
In the activity portrayed below, we had every child complete a cloud with their dream/goal for their future. (On the white clouds – each around the unicorn.) We sent home a cloud for parents (color coordinated by grade level) with a survey attached. The cloud was for the parents to write their dream/goal for their child’s future. (On the sun/sky/flower board.) Then our 4/5 students researched what it would take to do their dream job. They looked at degrees that aligned with their goals. Students then looked at colleges that offered those programs. For their final project, they researched the colleges and did a report.