– Celebrate the wonder and innocence of childhood
– Inspire people to become who they are meant to be
– Are inspired through positive relationships in our community
Hodgkins Elementary School is proud to announce that we have been awarded a national Leadership grant through the Leadership Foundation. The Grant is for the Leader in Me. This is a ten year grant. We are currently in year 2. Leader in Me focuses on preschool- adult age leadership.
The Leader in Me is a whole-school, multi-year transformation model that acts like the operating system of a computer- it improves performance in all other programs. It is based on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, The Leader in Me produces transformational results such as higher academic achievement, fewer discipline problems, and increased engagement among teachers and parents. Better yet, The Leader in Me equips students with the self-confidence and skills they need to thrive in the 21st century economy. All students have a Leadership binder in which they focus on social/emotional and academic goals for now and their future! All students in the school have the opportunity to apply to, interview, and work in various jobs throughout the building.
What teachers do to prepare students to be college and career ready:
Leader in Me! Partnerships with various universities. Parent education classes; the idea of educating the whole family!
Opportunities to inspire your students:
- Partnership with Regis University– Regis University students tutor many of our students after school two days a week.
- Partnership with Colorado State University– They deliver nutrition classes to families on Monday mornings in our community room.
- Hodgkins has a national grant through The Leader Foundation that supports our work with Leader in Me. We are currently the only District 50 School who has Leader in Me as our leadership operating system.
- Hodgkins has a partnership with Hyland Hills through the Baker Rec Center. The Baker Rec Center provides FREE after school childcare until 6pm Monday-Friday. A Hyland Hills child ID is required to attend.
- We offer a diverse array of parent and community courses through our community center located in Room 29 downstairs.
- Hodgkins partners with a host of organizations who support and teach within our school. Thorne Science Program, Kaiser Permanente, Junior Achievement, and Xcel Energy.
- Our District Competency Based System and Hodgkins have been featured in over a dozen news articles including a news feature on CNN.
- Hodgkins enrollment this school year is larger than last year. 20% of our families who attend Hodgkins, choice into our school!
Our parent engagement is incredible. We offer parent classes through CSU and through our education specialist every Mon, Wed, and Friday. Our classes often hold up to 60 parents and community members. We partner with Adams County Sherriff’s, various law offices, colleges, and community organizations to addresssupport for our learners and their families, now and beyond their Prek-12 education. Our students and families have presented to our D50 community during the District showcase as well as several board of education meeting.
Leader in Me